Helen can offer you bespoke training tailored to meet the needs of your school, staff, pupils and parents. They can be delivered over a series of staff meetings, workshops or twilights held at your school or a suitable local venue*.
*NOTE DUE TO COVID-19 ALL courses and training are postponed.
Here is a list of what’s available at the moment.
School support Helen offers:
Mathematics Staff Meetings / Training / Twilights
- Teaching the Multiplication Times Tables #MTC
- Helping Early Years Children to become Mathematicians through Play
- Presentations and workshops for parents on the Multiplication Times Tables
- Presentations and workshops for parents on helping their Early Years children learn Mathematics through play
Teaching Assistant Support
- How to provide effective support for mathematics in the classroom
- Effective mathematics interventions, including the use of models and images
- The use of interactive whiteboards (Smart notebook) to support teaching and learning
Phonics Staff Meetings / Training / Twilights
- Phonics and preparing for the year one phonics screening
- Presentations and workshops for parents on phonics
- 2 hour Twilight for teachers and teaching assistants: ‘Systematic Synthetic Phonics – Explained’