Support and Training for 2018-19
Helen can offer you bespoke training tailored to meet the needs of your school and staff. They can be delivered over a series of staff meetings, workshops or twilights held at your school or a suitable local venue.
Here is a list of what’s available at the moment.
School support Helen offers:
Mathematics Subject Leadership
- Joint Lesson Observation*
- Work scrutiny*
- Preparing for Subject Leader Interview
* Including giving effective feedback to teachers
Mathematics Staff Meetings/ Training/ Twilights
- Making links from Mathematics to other curriculum areas
- Mental Maths
- Preparing for the Multiplication Tables Check #MTC
- Helping Early Years Children to become Mathematicians
Teaching Assistant Support
- How to provide effective support for mathematics in the classroom
- Effective mathematics interventions, including the use of models and images
- The use of interactive whiteboards (Smart notebook) to support teaching and learning
- Training can cover the following: Using your schools Learning Platform to enhance educational support for pupils, parents and teachers. Creating pages and files. Using calendars, inserting photos, audio and weblinks. Uploading of documents and resources.
VLE training is available in blocks of 1, 2 to 3 hour sessions, tailored to your schools individual needs. It is ideally suited for 1-2-1 training with a school admin or person/s responsible for leading Computing within a school.
Phonics Staff Meetings/ Training/ Twilights
- Phonics and preparing for June’s phonics screening
- Presentations and workshops for parents on phonics
- 2 hour Twilight for teachers and teaching assistants: ‘Systematic Synthetic Phonics – Explained’
- Twitter - Ideally a one-to-one course for complete beginners. This is available in 1, 2 or 3 hour sessions either at your office or off site at a location near your work place.
Interactive Whiteboard Training
- The use of the interactive whiteboard to enhance teaching and learning (This IWB training is designed for complete beginners and is very popular with Associate Teachers and Teaching Assistants.)
- Helen has linked up with Cheshire artist Jan Cavanagh, to plan and deliver a series of workshops based around the theme “British Values”. These workshops aim to promote British values, of which some include teaching pupils about acceptance that people having different faiths or beliefs to oneself should be tolerated and respected. The workshops involve a creative celebration of things which are British.